一句俚语(或者说是外语)的解释。

2024-10-31 10:20:12
推荐回答(3个)
回答1:

英语常用俚语

in one's back pocket 在某人裤子后口袋里(是某人的囊中之物)

in the dark 在黑暗中(茫然,什么也不知道)

in the lime light 站在聚光灯圈里(出风头)

in the spotlight 站在聚光灯圈里(出风头)

It's Greek to me. 希腊文(天书)

in the middle of nowhere 周围什么也没有(前不见村,后不着店)

joined at the hip 连体婴(死党,从不分开的两个人)

jump the gun 枪未响先偷跑(抢先)

just what the doctor ordered 正是大夫说的(对症下药)

keep an ear to the ground 一耳贴地(注意新动向)

keep one's fingers crossed/cross one's fingers 把手指交叉成十字架(暗祈上苍保佑)

kick the bucket 踢水桶(翘辫子)

kill two birds with one stone一 箭双雕,一举两得

kiss up to 讨好

kitty corner 小猫的角落(斜对角)

knuckle sandwich 指节骨三明治(饱以老拳)

landslide 山崩(压倒性的胜利)

last straw 最后一根稻草

left a bitter taste in one's mouth 留下满嘴苦味(留下不愉快的回忆)

left hanging 被晾起来了(被挂起来,悬而不决)

let sleeping dogs lie 别惊动睡着的狗(别无事生非,过去的事不要再提)

let the cat out of the bag 放出袋中猫(泄密,说漏嘴)

light a fire under your butt 在屁股下点一把火(促其行动)

light at the end of the tunnel 隧道末端的光(一线希望)

like hot cakes 象刚出炉的蛋糕(很受欢迎的东西,抢手货)

like looking for a needle in a haystack 如同在稻草堆里找一根针(大海捞针)

like pulling hen's teeth 跟拔母鸡的牙一样(艰苦不堪)

like shooting fish in a barrel 桶里射鱼(瓮中捉鳖)

like stealing candy from a baby 娃娃手里骗糖(易事)

ling winded 长舌,碎嘴

loose cannon 松动的大炮(一触即发的脾气)

lose one's marbles 疯了,神智不清

low blow 不正当的攻击,下流手段

pale in comparison 相形失色 peas in a pod 一荚之豆(好哥儿们) pieces come together 拼图游戏凑成图案(诸事顺利,达成完美结果) play it by ear 不用看谱(随机应变) plenty of other fish in the sea 海里的鱼多得很(天涯何处无芳草) poker face 扑克面孔(喜怒不形于色) pop the question 提出大问题(求婚) pot calling the kettle black 锅嫌壶黑(五十步笑百步)……

不 保 存保 存 一 天 保 存 一 月保 存 一 年 新用户注册 | 忘记密码?

首页 教育项目 网站建设 本站服务 项目动态 教育信息 招生信息 考试题库 教育素材 课件园 留言簿

您现在的位置: 首页 >> 教育信息 >> 学生天地 >> 英语角 >> 正文

英语常用俚语 热

英语常用俚语

〔 作者:佚名 转贴自:国际在线 点击数:95 更新时间:2004-10-25 文章录入:mato 〕

减小字体 增大字体

take a hike 走路(滚蛋)
take a rain check 因雨停赛时送给观众下次免费来看的票(另一次机会)

take off 动身

take one for the team 为了全队挨一下(为了集体利益,牺牲个人利益)

take the word right out of someone's mouth 替我说了(你所说的正是我想要说的)

the ball is in someone's court 球在你那边(该你行动了)

the walls have ears 墙有耳朵(隔墙有耳)

the whole nine yards 整整九码(一举成功,美式足球的攻方一次需推进十码)

throw in the towel 扔毛巾(认输,放弃)

tie the knot 打结(结婚)

toe the line 循规蹈矩,沿着线走

tongue in cheek 闲磕牙(挖苦地)

too many cooks in the kitchen 厨房里厨子太多(筑室道谋,三个和尚没水渴)

twinkle in your mother's eye 母亲眼中的一闪灵光(未出娘胎)

twisted 脾气拧,别扭

two left feet 有两只左脚(笨手笨脚)

under my skin 钻到我的皮下(让我极不舒服)

under the weather 受了风寒

until the cows come home 等到牛回家(空等,白等)

until you are blue in the face 干到脸发青(也是白干)

unwind 放松发条(轻松下来)

up for grabs 大家有份

up in the air 挂在空中(悬而未决)

walk in someone's shoes 穿他的鞋走走看(设身处地,经历相同)

walk on air(高兴得)脚不点地,飘飘然

washed up 像是洗过的(筋疲力尽,力气都放完了)

water off a duck's back 鸭背的水珠(马耳东风)

water under the bridge 桥下的水(逝水,覆水)

when hell freezes over 地狱结冰(绝不可能的事)

weed out 除去杂草(淘汰)

well rounded全 能,全才

when pigs fly 猪飞的时候(绝不可能)

not lift a finger 连手指都不动一动(袖手旁观)

wound up 上足发条(紧张,兴奋)

wrapped around his/her little finger 化为绕指柔(玩弄于股掌之间)

wring his neck 扭断他的脖子

雅虎搜星盘点之大话金庸美女
张惠妹发片神采奕奕(组图)
全球最性感金发美女 詹妮弗-艾利森(组图)
辣妹维多利亚的帅气与妩媚(组图) 火箭破“麦蒂魔咒” 姚明获得上周西部最佳
连吃败仗皇马陷低谷 主席弗洛伦蒂诺引咎辞职
国象第一超模棋手 狂傲棋风如其性感身体
橄榄球宝贝透明装撩人 冬奥冰舞美女走光
林志玲 自娱自乐 搜星 走光 金球奖 《无极》 《金刚》 大话体坛 贴图 减肥论坛 排球女将 足球 NBA 电游玩家
收藏本页
联系我们
论坛帮助

登录 注册 搜索 风格 论坛状态 论坛展区 道具中心 我能做什么

>> 赶快加入一起背单词吧
英语爱好者 → 英语词汇 → 英语词汇 → 英语口语俚语

您是本帖的第 86 个阅读者
标题:英语口语俚语 树形 打印 收藏 推荐
Eric

等级:管理员
文章:77
积分:1046
注册:2005-06-19 QQ 楼主

英语口语俚语

A bargain is a bargain. 达成的协议不可撕毁。
A close call! 太危险了。
A fifty-fifty chance. 五成的机会。
A flash in the pan. 昙花一现。
After you , please! 你先走,请。
All set? 一切妥当?
Are you going to Paris for good? 你们要去巴黎永久居住吗?
As far as policy is concerned , I have to say something. 谈到政策,我得说几句。
As far as I‘m concerned. 就我而言。
Be my guest. 请便。
Can you give me a rain check on that? 你可以改天再请我吗?
Can‘t you do anything right? 成事不足,败事有余。
Close the door after you , please. 请随手关门。
Clothes make the man. 人要衣装。
Chances are slim. 机会很小。
Could you fill in for him? 你能代替他吗?
Could you speak up, please? 能不能请你说话大声点?
Could you page Mr. Stone, please? 请广播找石头先生好吗?
Cut it out. = Go on. =Knock it off. 不要这个样子啦~
Do to hell! 滚蛋!
Do you have any openings? 你们有空缺吗?
Do you have a single room available? 你们有空的单人房吗?
Do you take cream in your coffee? 你咖啡要加奶水吗?
Does it ring a bell? 它熟吗?
Don‘t beat around the bush. 别拐弯抹角。
Don‘t chicken out. Be a man. 不要退缩了。
Don‘t dream away your time. 不要虚度光阴。
Don‘t get me wrong. 别误会我。
Don’t give me a hard time! 别跟我过不去好不好!
Don‘t give me your attitude. 别跟我摆架子。
Don’t jump on me. 不要跟我发火。
Don‘t nag me! 别在我面前唠叨!
Don’t panic. 不要慌啊!
Don’t play the goat. 不要胡闹。
Don‘t pull the chairs about, boys! 不要把椅子拖来拖去,孩子们!
Don‘t push me. 别逼我。
Don’t sell yourself short. 别看轻自己。
Don‘t tell others. Let sleeping dogs lie. 不要告诉别人。莫惹是非。
Don‘t trust to chance. 别碰运气。
Don‘t you dare come back again? 你敢再回来!
Draw your chair up to the table. 把你的椅子拉到桌子旁边来。
Drop dead. 走开点。 (去死吧!)
Drop me a line! 写封信给我。
Drop me off at the Hilton. 载我到希尔顿。
Early rising makes for good health. 早起有助于身体健康。
Encore! 再来一次。
Every bad has some good. 坏事情也有好的一面。

Every time I see you , you leave me out in the cold.
每次我见到你,你都不理睬我。

Facing his enemy , he had to play it by ear.
面队敌人,他只有随机应变了。

Far from it.
一点也不。

Farewell!
再见啦。

First come, first served.
捷足先登。

Foot the bill.
付账。

For the old time sake,please give me a hand this time.
看在旧日关系的面子上,请帮我这一回。

For the time being.
暂时的。

Fresh!
好有型。

Get off my back.
少跟我罗嗦。

Get over yourself.
别自以为是。

Get the hell out of here.
滚开。

Give me a ball park figure.
给我一个大概的数字。

Give me a break。
饶了我吧。

Give me a hand.
帮我一下忙。

Give me some feedback.
给我些建议吧。

Go ahead with your plan. I’m all for it.
进行你的计划吧,我完全赞成。

God bless you!
愿老天保佑你。

Gorgeous!
美极了。

Great minds think alike.
英雄所见略同。

He always goofs off.
他总是糊里糊涂。

He always likes to play a lone hand.
他喜欢单枪匹马地去干。

He double-crossed me.
他出卖了我。

Have you ever seen your old fame?
你还见过你的旧情人吗?

He is a nut.
他有点神经病。

He is a phoney.
他是一个骗子。

He is trying to cash in on me.
他想占我便宜。

He is the man behind the curtain(scenes).
他是幕后人物。

He is in a jam.
他可糟了。

He is heavily insured against death.
他给自己投了巨额的人身保险。

He is capable of any crime.
他什么样的坏事都能干得出来。

He is about to explode.
他的肺都快要气炸了。

He is really on the ball.
他真的思路很敏捷。

He is a fast talker.
他老是说得天花乱坠。

He dare not tell us his evil conduct.
他不敢告诉我们他的罪行。
He gave me a black look.
他恶狠狠地看了我一眼。

He got off on the wrong foot when he started doing.
他一开始就出师不利。

He got to know the ins and outs of the accidents.
他终于弄清了事件的前因后果。

He got savoir-faire.
言行得体。

He had racked his brain.
他已经绞尽脑汁了。

He has a lot on the ball.
他很能干。

He has a nice sum of money put away.
他存了一大笔钱。

He has a remarkable memory.
他有惊人的记忆力。

He has his faults, but all in all, he is a good guy.
他有不对的地方,但总的来说,他还是个不错的家伙。

He has never rested on his laurels.
他从不满足目前的成就。

He hit upon a plan to defeat his antagonist.
他突然想出了一个挫败他的对手的计划。

He hooted with laughter.
他大笑了起来。

He just stepped out.
他刚刚出去。

He left his wife high and dry.
他抛弃了他的妻子。

He lives only a stone‘s throw from here.
他住的地方离这儿只有一箭之遥。

He may show up soon.
他马上就回来。

He ran his horse up the hill.
他策马跑上小山。

He sat there without turning an eyelash.
他泰然自若地坐在那边。

He sat with his arms across the chest.
他坐在那里,双臂交*于胸前。

He struck his attacker on the ear.
他打了那个攻击者一耳光。

He suddenly realized that he had been made a monkey of by his opponents.
他突然发现自己被对手给耍了。

He told me to get lost.
他叫我走开。

He walks with a quick pace.
他快步走路。

He was put on the spot.
他已经给人打死了。

He will give me cradle-to-grave protection.
他将保护我一生一世。

He will not turn the cold shoulder on me when I am in trouble.
他不会在我困难时疏远我。

He won a monkey at the horse races.
他在跑马中赢了500美元。

His argument doesn’t hold water.
他的论点站不住脚。

He‘s a brain.
他可是个有头脑的人。

He’s always on the go.
他永远是前进的。

He‘s behind the times.
他落伍了。

He’s down and out.
他已经完了。

He‘s getting a little bit plump.
他有一点胖~。

He‘s gone for the day.
他今天已经走了。

He‘s tied up.
他走不开。

He‘ll be out and about very soon.
他很快就能到户外活动了。

Her parents spent great efforts to groom her for a violinist.
她的父母花了很大精力来培养她成为一名小提琴演奏家。

His speech was given a warm reception by the crowd.
他的讲话受到了群众的热烈反对~。

How can we know whether a person is on the up and up by his appearance!
从一个人的外表我们怎么能知道他是坦率的呢!

How could he be so two-faced?
他怎么能这么阴一套阳一套的?

How dare you!
你敢!

How do I address you?
我怎么称呼你?

How late are you open?
你们营业到几点?

How often do you work out?
你多久做一次运动?

Here or to go?
要在这里吃还是带走?

I beat my brains (out) to get a job.
为了找寻工作,我伤透了脑筋。

I blinded with science.
无言以对。

I broke my neck to add slangs here.
我努力地往这里添加俚语 :)

I can‘t come up with it.
我做不到。

I can‘t burn the candle at both ends forever.
我不能永远这么消耗精力。

I can‘t help it.
我没办法。

I can‘t pinpoint it.
我没办法明确地指出来。

I can‘t see you quickly enough.
我巴不得尽快见你。

I can‘t think of it off hand.
我一时想不起来。

I detest you!
我恨你。

I didn‘t know. I was only a shot in the dark.
我不知道。那只是我瞎猜的。

I didn‘t mean to pour cold water on your idea.
我本不想给你的想法浇冷水的。

I don‘t have the vaguest idea.
我一点也不知道。

I don‘t know what has set my nerves on edge these days.
这几天不知是什么把我搞的心烦意乱的。

I enjoyed your company.
我喜欢有你做伴。

I fast a day every week.
我每周绝食一天。

I got a big kick out of it.
这件事真令我开心。

I have a sweet tooth.
我喜欢吃甜食。

I have a bottomed-down mind.
我是个没什么独到见解的人。

I have no direction, I just go wherever the winds blows.
我没有方向,只是随风到处飘。

I have to get rid of my car.
我必须把我的车子脱手。

I have to brush up on my English.
我得温习英文。

I have to watch my weight.
我必须注意我的体重。

I haven‘t got a good house, but I‘ll keep a good house.
我没有好的房子,但是我会招待周到的。

I hope I didn‘t offend you.
希望我没使你生气。

I hope you saved room for dessert.
我希望你留了点肚子吃甜点。

I hope your idea takes wings.
我希望你的想法成真。

I just keep my head above water.
(生活)还凑合!

I knew from the word go what to do next.
我很快知道了下一步怎么做。

I like raisins and kebabs.
我喜欢吃葡萄干和肉串。 :)

I like the soaps.
我喜欢连续剧。

I looked high and low for my pen.
我到处找我的钢笔。

I lost the door key about here.
我在这附近掉了门钥匙。

I only have eyes for you.
我只在乎你。

I really need to blow off some steam!
我得舒缓一下压力。

I share your enthusiasm.
谢谢关心(不耐烦的)。

I smelled a smell of cooking.
我闻到了烧菜做饭的味道。

I think I get the drift.
我知道了。

I think you’ve put your finger on it.
你说到点子上了。

I told him to beat it.
我叫他走开。

I tossed and turned all night.
我整晚翻来覆去。

I wasn‘t born yesterday.
我又不是三岁小孩子。

I wish that you would put your cards on the table.
我希望你干脆把话挑明。

I wouldn‘t freeload.
我可不愿意白吃白喝别人。

I’ll back you up all the way.
我完全支持你。

I’ll buy it.
我赞成。

I‘ll come back before you know it.
我很快就回来。

I‘ll keep my eye open.
我会多留意。

I’ll make it up to you.
我一定会补偿你的。

I‘ll play it by ear.
随兴之所致吧。

I’ll put everything in black and white!
我会把所有事情白纸黑字写清楚。

I‘ll see to it.
我会留意的。

I‘ll speak against anything I know to be wrong.
我会对所有我认为不对的事情直言不讳。

I‘ll try to smooth things over.
我会妥善处理。

I‘m a chair zucchini.
我是个电脑迷。

I‘m a man of my word.
我是个讲信用的人。

I‘m an average player.
我打得普通。

I‘m afraid I can‘t let you.
恐怕我不能答应你。

I‘m all fingers and thumbs this mornings.
今天早上我的手怎么这么笨呢?

I’m always punctual.
我总是很准时。

I’m an exam jitter.
我一考试就紧张。

I’m beat.
我累死了。

I‘m being helped.
有人招呼我。

I‘m broke.
我没什么钱。

I‘m easy to please.
我很容易取悦。

I‘m fed up.
我厌倦了。

I‘m feeling under the weather.
我觉得不舒服。

I‘m from Missouri.
你骗不了我。

I‘m hard up.
我经济很困难。

I‘m just browsing.
我只是随便看看。

I’m mad about Bruce Lee.
我迷死李小龙了。

I’m not good at speaking off the cuff.
我不擅长即兴演讲。

I‘m not going to put up with this!
我再也受不了啦!

I‘m not myself today.
我今天心神不定。

I‘m on my way.
我就上路。

I‘m only waiting for the green light from you.
我在等您的允许.

I‘m pressed for time.
我的时间紧迫。

I‘m really crazy about Michael Jackson‘s rock and roll.
我对麦克杰克逊的摇滚爱的发狂。

I’m sick of always waiting for you!
你老让我等你,真是烦透了。

I‘m so surprised that you have the face to do so!
你怎么有脸做出这样的事!

I’m the apple of my grandma‘s eye.
我是姥姥的掌上明珠。

I‘m through with you.
我和你完了。

I‘m totally maxed out.
我真是完全累坏了。

I’m up to my ears in work.
我忙的不可开交。

I‘m working on it.
我正在努力。

I‘d do anything to see you crack a smile.
为了博得你的一笑,我情愿做任何事。

I‘d like a refund.
我想退钱。

I‘d like to have telephone service.
我想要装电话。

I‘d like to have this prescription filled.
我要照这药房配药。

I‘d like to repair our differences.
我愿意消除一下我们之间的分歧。

I‘ve been dying to meet you.
我非常非常想见到你。

I‘ve had enough of your garbage.
我听腻了你的废话。

If I were in your shoes,I wouldn‘t do it that way.
如果我是你的话,我不会那样做的。

If the shoe fits ,wear it.
如果是真的就承认吧。

If you don‘t want to lose me, you‘d better lay it on the line.
如果你不想失去我,就最好一五一十地告诉我。

If you remain stuck-up, they will often try to pull your leg.
假如你还是目中无人的话,他们会常常想愚弄你的。

In doing we learn.
经一事,长一智。

In his speech Mr. Brown laid stress on the sagacity of cats.
布朗先生在他的讲座里强调了猫的灵性。

In her hometown ,she was a big fish in a small pond.
在她家乡,她很了不起。

It isn‘t much.
那是微不足道的。

It rained at intervals this month.
这个月不时地下雨。

It slipped my mind.
我忘了。

It‘ll come to me.
我会想起来的。

It‘s a deal!
真便宜。

It’s a hard nut to crack.
这是一件棘手的事情。

It’s a hit.
这件事很受人欢迎。

It’s a lot of chicken feed.
这是小意思,不算什么。

It‘s a pain in the neck.
那真是难过的事。

It’s all Greek to me.
我全不懂。

It‘s better than nothing.
总比什么都没有好。

It‘s full of hot air.
这是雷声大雨点小。

It‘s in God‘s hands and we have prepared for the worst.
听天由命吧,我们已经做最坏的准备了。

It’s my cup of tea.
这很合我胃口。

It‘s no use talking to him ,you‘ll only waste your breath.
和谈谈话没有一点用处,你只是在白费唇舌。

It‘s not that he doesn‘t like to help, but that the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
他不是不愿意帮助你,而是他心有余而力不足。

It’s on the house.
这是免费的。

It’s on me this time.
这次我请客。

It‘s only wishful thinking.
这只是一厢情愿的想法。

It’s

回答2:

好象就是YOU的意思,印象中老师有提过

回答3:

会不会是方言呢?
有没有想过这个?