I like taking the train to travel 和I like to take the train to travel 语法上都没有错误,不过所表达的意思是不同的。前者表示“我喜欢乘火车旅行这种方式”,后者表示“我希望乘火车做一次旅行”。
由此可知,like doing sth.中, like意思是“感到被吸引或觉得愉悦”, doing sth. 意思是“进行某种经常性的行为”;like to do sth. 中,like 的意思是“有觉得有吸引力或愉悦的希望”,to do sth. 指“去做某种具体行为”。比如:
He likes swimming. 他喜欢游泳。(经常性的游泳行为)
He likes to swim with you this Sunday. 他希望这个星期日和你一起去游泳。(具体的一次游泳行为)
I like having a cup of coffee sitting at a bar counter. 我喜欢坐在吧台前品味一杯咖啡。(经常性的喝咖啡行为)
I like to have another cup of coffee. 我还想再来一杯咖啡。(具体的一次喝咖啡行为)
I don't like disturbing anybody. 我不喜欢打扰别人。(经常性的打扰行为)
I don't like to disturb you. 我不想打扰你。(具体的打扰游泳行为)
以下的句子都表示经常性的一般行为,因此都需要用 like doing 翻译:
很多人喜欢乘火车去旅行,因为乘火车旅行有乐趣,而且更加安全。
—— Many people like traveling by train, for it is full of fun to take the train, besides, it is much safer.
比起乘飞机、乘汽车和乘船,我更喜欢乘火车旅行,沿途能看到好多风景。
——I like traveling by train better than by plain, bus or ship. Many landscapes can be seen on the way. 【也可以翻译为I prefer traveling by railway to traveling by air, in car or by sea;I can enjoy a lot of landscapes throughout the journey】
like doing sth. 和 like to do sth. 后面跟不定式 to do表示doing sth. 或to do sth. 的目的。如:
I like driving a car to travel 喜欢开车去旅行。
I like to drive the car to go on a journey with you next week. 下周我想开车和你一起出游。
I like to travel by train, I enjoy touring to take a train ,I love to journey riding on a train这里的ride理解为“乘”另外的这几句都用了不同的情态动词~当然还有很多说法!